Tuesday 1 November 2011

Saddlebags and muffin tops...say bub-bye.

Let me introduce myself...I'm Tacey (no. I didn't mispell my name...we can thank my Momma for that-it is, indeed, Tacey).

I'm a *cough* 37 year old Mother of 2 (14 and 4), I'm a wife and a new puppy owner (Gracie Mae Bieber-our family Bullmastiff). Oh yes, I'm also a Police Crime Analyst turned Professional Photographer.

Over the past 5 years I have worn size 2,4, and now 6...I don't think I'm 'fat', but I know I'm packing on more curves than I would like. The size 2 stage was from when I was really sick and definitely NOT the size I am aiming for(around that time I was diagnosed with a form of Arthritis just after I had my son and I was very, very sick and lost a lot of weight). What I'm aiming for is to fit back into my 'normal' jeans (which I can still fit into, but give me good sized muffin tops once I squeeze my two butts into them..and this is totally not okay with me).

I spend a lot of time on a computer. I love red wine and I love, love, love potatoe chips. (I'm keepin' it real here folks). Oh..and I pretty much stopped working out when I changed careers a few years ago (due to my illness). I do love hot yoga, and do that fairly regularly. I love to run sporadically, and I love me a long hike.

I know if I really wanted to lose weight, I would just have to commit to reducing some of my junk, and increasing my cardio..I know it's not rocket science. I am finally, FINALLY taking an adult holiday with my husband (Maui here I come!!) and I want to feel good in a bikini, and not 'wish' I had been more committed.

Sure, I've always been healthy...I eat well, I don't eat meat. I buy organic. I crave salads and raw veggies...Overall, I'm pretty healthy...I just have some less than healthy habits that I need to address.

I'm excited to begin this challenge....I had Cher take my measurements last weekend and I am ready to rock this challenge and lose some weight!!!

I admit, I've been working out almost everyday for the past week or so leading up to this launch...Mentally and physically preparing I guess...

This morning, on day one, I challenged myself (because y'all know you can't get anything great without putting in great effort, right?). Yes, I really pushed myself this morning in my home gym. I set the goal of running a 5km without stopping.

And gosh darnit. I DID it!

The entire time on the treadmill (and I HATE treadmill running, by the way) I kept telling myself that I AM IN CONTROL HERE...I CAN TACKLE MY SADDLEBAGS AND MUFFIN TOPS!!! I told myself through the entire run (which took exactly 34:30) and I felt amazing when I finished.

We can do this ladies and gentlemen...If I can, so can YOU! (Can I get an AMEN????)

Have a great day...See here tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!! Way to go on the 5km! It's getting past that wall that we all hit - it makes all the difference - TOTAL MIND GAME!

    Keep at it honey!
    Cher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm so proud. Mostly because I know how much you loathe running on a treadmill. ;) I was inspired by your determination yesterday so I hopped on mine and did a little run. I tried not to get discouraged by the small distance I ran but rather be proud of the fact that I RAN! Tacey, you totally inspire me. I will be stalking you on here secretly cheering you and the other ladies on. Who knows, maybe one day I'll sign up for the challenge. One day...

    ReplyDelete