Sunday 13 November 2011

Paying the price. - Steph Day 13

Boy did I pay the price today. I really have taken the last 2 days off of everything. No exercise, ate what I wanted, and generally just lazy. Well today....I paid for it! WOW! I ended up having unexpected dinner company, so by the time my husband got home, the gym wasn't an option. But I thought, "that's okay...I'll go to the greenway and have a great run!" Yeah, not so much!

Amazed me what 2 and a half days off does to you! I was sluggish, completely breathless, had zero endurance and after a few sets of stairs, my legs felt like jello! But after a good stretch, I felt great! Glad that I had at least gotten it in.

Now that my sleeping seems to be back on track, I'm going to attempt 5am running again before the weather turns horrible. Such a great way to start the day! I wish that others in my family shared my passion for fitness and my desire to be healthier. It's a real struggle to watch someone you love so much not realize the importance of exercise and healthy eating. But nagging isn't a solution, and hopefully I can lead by example.

I am sad the weekend is over, but looking forward to getting back into the routine of weekdays!

Happy Monday everyone!

Same time tomorrow! I really am growing to love this! Can be quite therapeutic! Not to mention...sure helps keep a girl honest! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph! Don't forget, we all have good and bad days in training. Some days we kick butt - lots of energy, lots of power. Others we just feel like dog poop. Don't stress over it - just roll with the punches, and like you said - at least you go out there!

    xo
    Cher

    ReplyDelete