Monday 7 November 2011

I Made it through!

Again...I was forced to get up much earlier then I'd have liked...ya...4:30! UGH!!! I woke up with a sore throat, a cough, and a headache. :( Then it snowed. OMG! I really hate the snow! I couldn't walk during my lunch break because I didn't bring a coat! So by the end of my day I felt slugging and franky was feeling quite sorry for myself!

I fought with myself for the last hour of my day. You should go home and rest. No...no...you should suck it up and get to the gym. I decided to google...working out with a cold. I guess I was sort of looking for an excuse not to go. Bad, bad...specially after the great "popcorn incident" yesterday! But I read an article that stated it's the best thing to have a moderate workout if you just have a cold...no fever. Now, keep in mind...I don't have a cold! I had a sore throat this morning. I just feel a little "off". lol!!! So off I go. And had the greatest workout!!! I made it through the funk, and talked myself into getting my butt in gear! And I felt great for it! I had a great run. That's always the best part of my workout! I had planned to do stairs, but the darn weather (cause did I mention that I HATE the cold and wet?). But it all turned out great!

I'm starting to notice, that I'm not only getting stronger, but I'm also starting to really hold my body differently when I'm exercising. I seem to stand straighter. I keep my core tight, and just seem to naturally be correcting my form. Running seems so much easier. The body is really quite an amazing thing!

And still no chocolate! The first week is over...usually the hardest for me. I'm proud that I've managed to stay on track...mostly! This is such a great thing to have...I'm loving being accountable! Thanks everyone! And Cher.....YOU ROCK!!!

G'nite...see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment