Wednesday 16 November 2011

Got it started, let's keep it going...(Day 16 Tacey)

Thank you Cher and Steph for your kind words and support...Heck, why else would we be doing this (ok...besides skinny jeans and a bikini in Maui!).

Sure, yesterday was a particularly hard day...but not enough to get this gal down...

Today, I laced up my sneakers (although I know I need to be properly fitted for running shoes) and put on my swanky bright pink running coat and ear muffs and hit the Mission Greenway again for my daily 5km...and I progressed through the 'normal' phases of my 5k, but I am really feeling my endurance picking up....5km doesn't feel like it used to...

Perhaps next week I'll up the distance...but for every day (13 of 16) I have pretty much run a 5k a day and for that...I'm super proud.

I love the creative clarity the runs bring me...perhaps it's all the blood to my brain...

But I am also loving the sense of accomplishment that comes with what I've been able to achieve these past 2 weeks...It's soooo mental, (isn't it???)....and I love that feeling of 'winning' over my inner voice...the weak inner voice that sometimes wants to quit.

Yes, I know I have to respect my body, and to be perfectly honest, I'm feeling like at the 3.5km mark, my left knee is screaming "STOP YOU CRAZY LADY-I CAN'T HANDLE IT"...but that only seems to last for about .75 of a kilo...then I think the thrill of the race catches up and I just want to finish what I set out to accomplish (yes, I am soooo stubborn).

Again, I still have a firm vision of the girl that couldn't get out of a car, or walk across the street without drawing attention because of my walk...and now...I am running...and that is soooo incredibly freeing.

Thank you for this challenge, because I know without it, I would be in a different space and different mental place...and definitely not near as satisfied or proud as I am now.

Thank you Cher.  Thank you Steph....Only 14 days to go...

Love and hugs...

Tacey
xo

PS.  Have I mentioned that it's been 16 days with NO CHIPS!!??!!  (I guess I just did).

No comments:

Post a Comment