Thursday 24 November 2011

100 K!!!!

It was about mmmm, 6 minutes into my run on the Greenway when it dawned on me...

This is my 20th 5 k run in 24 days...hmmmm, 20 time 5 is 100!!!  ONE HUNDRED KILOMETERS????

Yesssssir. 
Bam.

That feels good.

Now, to step it up....

Hmmm...I love the 5k because I've gotten to 'know' it...I can anticipate the ebb and flow of how the run will feel for me (in my various stages of wanting to stop...hitting my stride...wanting to give up...and actually enjoying it).

Soooo, to push beyond the 5k kinda scares me....I know if I have to stop running, I'll feel bad about it and somehow less accomplished for that day....

Well, I guess what would make sense is to increase my 'doable' 5 k into 6 k...do that for another 100k and then step it out another .5 k in each direction.

Or perhaps I should motivate myself to join a running clinic...Hmm..not sure...I quite enjoy running alone...I love the inner dialogue I have with myself (not out loud of course!)....I dig deep and push myself...

Okay, I think this is one I should do alone...silently, independently, push myself half a km further in each direction...

Maybe I will try that tomorrow...

Till tomorrow...Love and hugs...

Tacey
xo

1 comment: