Wednesday 2 November 2011

"DECIDE" I SAY!!!

I know it's only day two, but I'm really so happy to be doing this. I'm sure I won't always have days where I'm quite this happy to be participating in a 30 day challenge...but this morning is definitely one where I'm excited and happy to be pushing myself.

It's funny because I push myself in so many other ways (especially my business), but it's soooo true that one of the first things we neglect (as Mothers, Business women, Wives) is our BODY....The irony of it all is that nothing could be of more help to us that a healthy, strong body(besides an extra set of hands, or pehaps a maid...I digress).

Anyhow, today, I did the oh-so-fun morning struggle of getting the 4 year old off to daycare, fed the puppy, protected the cat from the puppy's curious paws, got myself dressed into some comfy, warm running clothes, dropped off the son, and met some lovely ladies for a 5km run on the Mission Hill Greenway.

I knew one of the ladies was an athlete, but I didn't know that I would be running with another lady who is nearly ready for a half marathon (GO PAM!) and another lady who is a FITNESS INSTRUCTOR....Yikes. I gathered they wouldn't be stopping during their little quickie of a 5km...annnnd I was pretty much right. We took a quick breather at the half way point, but that was pretty much it.

BUT! I did it....

I couldn't have the conversations that I would have liked to....Sorry Jamie, I am 'normally' quite chatty, but I was trying hard to keep.moving.forward. I'm sure I'll get better...

So that's it for day two...

The best part about all of this, this challenge, my run this morning (and life in general) is that it's so stinking inspiring to know (and understand) that we have the power to do anything we want in this lifetime....anything...it's all in our power. All we have to do is decide what it is we want to do next...

Today, I chose to join the ladies for this morning's run....and tonight, I choose to NOT eat chips (Thank you for the reminder Char)...Athough I have a date with a girl friend tonight, and will likely have a glass of wine (sorry Char)....But tomorrow, I'm doing Knox! ;)


1 comment:

  1. WooHoo! No chips! That is a step in the right direction!!! Good job Tacey!

    Friends make training so much easier. I am very happy that you have such a good group to go out with. Don't forget that if you are having a tough time keeping up, you can change your pace - atleast you are out there!

    Cher

    ReplyDelete