Monday 14 November 2011

Healthy and Happy

Well, I made it to the gym after work. I had a great workout, but.....I'm just not running as strong as I was a week ago. I'm totally feeling frustrated. I don't believe that a couple of bad days can set me back this much. Last week my 5 kms with intervals was taking me about 33 - 34 minutes. Today it took me 37! Seriously...

The first 3 minutes or so was typical. Legs burning a little...out of breath...thinking and wondering how I am going to get through! But then I settled in and it was great. 13 minutes of jogging with a few sprints mixed in. Then I walked for 2 minutes...then I tried to run again....and it was like running for the first time in months! I got through it all...ended up running/walking for the whole time, but boy did I have to push myself.

This is probably where I'd start to get a bit discouraged. I've been at this now since July. The scale isn't moving and now this. But, I'm determined to not let it happen this time. I'm going to keep plugging away. Hopefully I'll be able to see a few inches drop by the end of this.

I truly believe that positivity is the key. So...here's the positives: I'm seeing definition in my shoulders, my chest, my biceps, my legs are much stronger, my collar bones are starting to be visible, I FEEL better, I am much less moody and I'm feeling way more confident.

I'm happy. Despite being a little frustrated...I'm happy. I love this. I love exercise. So if I don't lose a pound, but I have my health to keep this up.....I'M HAPPY!!!!!

Good night!

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment