Tuesday 15 November 2011

Pushing too hard?

I've been struggling now for about the last week. Low energy, food cravings..... So today, I've been thinking a lot about it. I'm thinking that I'm maybe pushing too hard. Running 4 or 5 days a week is a lot. Plus, I'm working out for 2 hours after work, plus a 30 min walk at lunch. I just don't feel well.

I decided that today...I wasn't going to push as hard. I had my walk in the wonderful sun at lunch. I love walking at lunch...especially on a day like today! I packed my gym bag this morning knowing that if I packed the pants that didn't tie up around the waist I wouldn't be able to talk myself into running. I hopped on the treadmill and did a 35 min walk at 4.0 with hills. I felt weird at first! Then, a lovely, tall, extremely thin girl got on the treadmill beside me and started running. Of course. When I see people like that...I think of it as motivation. But today, I simply couldn't run...or people would see my bum! By the 16 min mark...but butt was burning and I was sweaty and somewhat out of breath. It felt good by the end. I felt like I'd done enough.

It was legs and back today...which is my least favorite! But after the walk rather than the run, I rocked it! I felt so awesome when I left! So now, I'm wondering if that's my problem. Am I pushing a little too hard and possible doing too much? I think that judging by the way my body feels tonight, the answer is yes. I think that I'm going to replace 2 workouts a week with a different type of cardio. That way, I'm also hoping that I don't feel the need for a day off. Or at least walk only on my day off.

I have to admit....my body shape is changing a lot. My shoulders have a fair bit of definition now. I love that! I'm meeting with the gym guy tomorrow who will re-take my measurments - he takes different ones so I was unable to compare with Cher's measurements - so I'm looking forward to seeing the difference. He's going to set me up with a new program....which I'm then going to forward to Cher so she can "nasty" it up for me! LOL! He's pretty wimpy in comparison!

Hopefully I'll be blogging about inches lost tomorrow night! Fingers crossed. And Tacey, I sure hope you have a better day tomorrow. And, maybe you should take the medicine, but still....you're stubborness has got you here! You are very strong! Keep it up!

Night!

xo

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment