Friday 11 November 2011

Listening

My alarm went off at 6 this morning, hoping to get up and run. I turned it off, rolled over and went back to sleep! I slept all night last night! Yay!!!! Anyway, I got up at about 7, and decided I'd go. I honestly left the house, ran across the street and I couldn't believe how is was feeling! I had run maybe 15 steps...my legs were numb, I was already out of breath, and my ankles felt like they were going to give out. I stopped.

I thought that I'd continue on and finish the 5km route by walking it. Half way around, I got sick. I couldn't believe how awful I felt. I finished the walk, since I was pretty much in the middle, and got home and flopped. I think my body is trying to tell me to take a bit of a break.

I don't think it's too much exercise that's causing this. I think it's the exhaustion from lack of sleep THEN exercising as hard as I do. I won't have the opportunity to do any exercise tomorrow...which totally bums me out...even feeling like this!!! So park, trampoline, tag and a walk at a 3 year old's pace will be a good thing.

Back to it Sunday....I HOPE.

Night...

See you tomorrow!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Yes steph I think you are right - exhaustion can do that to you - I would suggest if you are still feeling a bit off - to do some weights instead and go for a brisk walk on Sunday. Ease back into running as the full nights of sleep come back. If your body is telling to take it easy, do it! Just remember, if you are not training then you need to take in less calories during the day :)

    Enjoy your Saturday!
    Cher

    ReplyDelete