Friday 25 November 2011

25 Days in {Tacey here}

Wow, wow, wow...

Honestly, I can't believe that I've run 105km's in this challenge so far...

Yes, the 5k seems to me my new thing...My daily grind...My daily burn...My daily challenge.

As the driven perfectionist that I am, I've been declaring that I must take it up a notch....Well, today, in the midst of my 21st 5km run, I realized that 5km a day just 'may' be enough for me...(of course, adding weights and my beloved hot yoga to the mix)...but as far as cardio goes...If I run a 5km a day, then perhaps that's my 'happy' place...As it stands, the 5km is a push for me..It's not easy...I grunt near the end (some days call for more grunting than others)...

But this week I literally ran in the fresh fallen snow...in the falling snow, in the rain, and today, in the sun....and I loved all of it (probably preferred the snow to be honest)...and maybe instead of trying to 'step it up', I think I just keep on doing what I've been doing the past 25 days...because, I think, overall, it's freaking fantastic.

Again, like I've stated a few time this journey...This is not a sprint..This 'challenge' is supposed to translated into our 'regular' routines...Our 'new way' of living..

And, so far, I'm loving my runs, and I'm perfectly challenged in doing them...

After further consideration, I don't think I'm going to mess with that.

Love and hugs...

Tacey

PS.  Congrats Cher!!!  I don't know what you went through, but I do know what it's like to lose your ability to do things that once came so easily (like running)...So Kudos to you!  Enjoy the rush.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment