Sunday 13 November 2011

Lucky 13 {Tacey}

Well, without guilt or regret, I chose to sleep in, enjoy my day (and night) and take the day off from running and/or working out.

Sure, I was still outside in the park with the dog and the family, but no concerted effort to work out today.

The way I look at it, out of 13 days I have only missed 2...so that's perfectly acceptable.

I am still being very aware of what I'm eating and overall, I feel bloody fantastic.

Last night while running I was starting to feel pain in my knees...but I'll just chalk that up to working so hard...Hopefully they won't be an issue this week (or in the future).

I am so grateful for where I am, as I can vividly recall when my arthritis left me pretty much immobile...Went from running 45km a week to not being able to walk to lift my baby to nurse him...I remembering thinking "Man-I wish I could just run.....just run." and now, I can, and for that, I am so grateful.

I welcome tomorrow....I'm contemplating signing up for a 10km on December 3rd, but am not certain that 20 days is enough to prepare...Cher-what do you think????

Hugs and love...

Tacey
xo

1 comment:

  1. Well my dear, knee pain is nothing to ignore. The think you want to figure out is what is causing the knee pain. Are you warming up enough before running? Is it your footwear? Is it your joints? If it's your joints you will want to be very aware of the pain and do what you can to minimize it. This means possibly not increasing your distance. My suggestion would be to set 2 goals - one for the December run - if you can comfortably do it; if not then a spring run. There is no shame in taking longer to train!

    Also, it will be good to see someone regarding Glucosamine or Recovery - great for the joints - go to Nature's fair and ask them about it.

    Oh and you always need rest - so 2 days out of 13 - that is more than acceptable - Good job Tacey!

    ReplyDelete