Saturday 12 November 2011

Day 12 Already???? (Tacey here)

Wow...Has it really been nearly 2 weeks since we began this journey?

Today, I just want to share the things I am noticing....

1.  I sleep sooo much better.  It seems as though the exercise helps with the mental noise I normally have in my head (the stuff that wakes me in the middle of the night) OR the exercise just tires me out enough that I don't wake up for it.

2.  My running is becoming more and more effortless (for a 5k anyway). I'm learning to recognize the phases of a run and how I feel during each phase (ie. the first few minutes."Ugh, I'm gonna die" to the giant exhale when I reach my cadence, to the final third leg where I'm mentally pushing myself).  I simply allow myself to go through each stage and know that if I get past the first 5 minutes, I'm golden.

3.  I'm looking better...Yes, today was the first day in over a year that I went shopping in the mall and wasn't totally depressed looking in the mirror....and it felt AMAZING!!!!

4.  I'm happier.  Yes, I have more energy and I feel really happy about the way I'm taking charge of my health and my physical appearance.  I've always known what I had to do, but I just never did it...and now, I am, and that makes this girl really, really happy.

Today, I ran 4k and pumped some iron in the gym...mostly upper body, with some lunges, squats, and push ups...yes, even push ups.

Happy Saturday my friends!

Love and hugs.

Tacey
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment