Friday 4 November 2011

PROGRESS {Tacey Day 4}

Well, I'm starting to settle into this whole 'commitment to fitness' idea.
Not just working out 'when I find time', or 'when I feel like it'...this is pushing myself every day to make a conscious effort to PUSH MYSELF.

Today was a bit hard getting started. My goal was to do another 5km (on the treadmill) followed with weights. Well...it went something like this.

First 3 minutes: "Crap. This totally sucks. How can I be wanting it to be over already- I HAVE like 30 minutes to go before I can stop?!???!"

Reaching 4-5 minutes..."Hmm. Almost have a mile in already...Not so bad."

Minute 6ish: "Ahhhh" (You know, that great exhale when you finally 'settle into' your run?).

Minutes 7-20 : "I'm grooving. I'm dancin' away to the tunes, don't even feel it anymore"

Minutes 20-27: "Daaaamn...If I keep doing this every day, I'm surely getting back into my skinny jeans!".

Minutes 28-32: "Push Tacey. Push!"

Minutes 33:35: "Grrrrrrrrrr...Almost there....(Rhymes with} DUCK YA!!! I'm a runner!! Whoo hoooooooo. I DID IT! That wasn't so hard after all!"

After the run I went on and worked on triceps, biceps, lunges, pushups and shoulder presses...

I'm certainly not breaking any speed records with my running, but that is totally irrelevant. But having not really run in quite a while to hammerin out 3 full on 5km (wihtout stopping in 2 and only stopping to turn around in 1).

Indeed, I have pushed myself today (and for the past 4 days) and feel pretty darn good about it.

I guess it really comes down to being committed...it's like this challenge, and the expectation of accountability, has really turned on a switch inside of me.

For that, I'm grateful.

Tomorrow...Day 5 will be a bit more of a challenge to squeeze in my workout (I have to travel to my shooting location and will be shooting all day) BUT, I vow to get in at least a few k and some weights.

Keep it up ladies...it's worth it...NO, no, no, no...YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment