Thursday 2 February 2012

Cher Day 2 - App Review - Nike Boom

Hello Bloggers & Followers!

Needless to say this morning I feel pretty good - soreness in certain areas, but nothing to complain too much about.  Today I get home and am going to do a workout before going to the movies - I want popcorn so bad - no butter?  I will have to see if Myfitnesspal will let me have it!

Have an awesome day - and stay the course - Woohoo Day 2!

So I recently tried a new app I wanted to tell you about. 


Nike Boom (by Nike Inc) is a workout app which encompases a Gymboss timer, coach, cheer team, and hot athletes into one.  I am guessing that they have designed this for men.... but that doesn't mean women can't use it!  Here are the options you get:

1. Workout - it will time a workout for you, cheer you on when you like (this is where the hot male athletes come in), and post your results to Facebook or Twitter (or both)

2.  Intervals - it will time an interval workout for you - whatever interval you set.  You are cued to your next interval with a ref wistle.

3. Get Sparq Rated - unless you are into sports I don't think you will get this, and I don't have time to look into it :P

4. Gear Up - gives you all of the lates Nike Gear info.  I totally want the Nike+ Fuelband !

My Review:

I prefer the Nike Training Club (NTC) App.  It gives me a workout to follow (there are cons to it too which I will share next week).  Nike Boom is simple and quick to get you going.  Trouble is that you have to design your own workouts.  I wouldn't use this running because I prefer my Nike + GPS.  I would use Nike Boom for my at home workouts where I know what I want to do and for how long.  Essentially it is an alternative for when I can't find my GymBoss.

Cher
gingerandcrew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment