Tuesday 7 February 2012

Shay - Day five and six

Due to internet-related issues at the place I'm house-sitting, I've been unable to post the last couple days.

To sum them up: I don't care about football, but I still drank a couple beer and had some terribly awful party food.  In preparation, I worked out in the afternoon and ate sparingly before arriving.  Monday, having forgot my weights at home, I did lots of push ups, tricep dips and ab work and ate salad for lunch and some pasta with lots of veg and homemade tomato sauce for dinner.

REALLY trying to curb the night time snacking needs to be one of my new goals.  If you live alone, or spend your nights alone, it makes it that much easier to snack without thinking about it.  The dog's not gonna reproach me for having one too many crackers and cheese.

Going out for lunch today to celebrate the retirement of a colleague, so I had a tiny breakfast and have been looking at the menu and nutritional information of the restaurant online to try and make an informed decision on what to eat, instead of just going for whatever "seems" healthy.  Having looked through the menu, I've come to the conclusion that there really isn't anything under around 800-900 calories, so I'll just have to pick the lesser of the evils and not eat the whole thing.  Should be easy, judging by the size of most entrees nowadays.

Feeling a little bit better about my chances of actually affecting change in my lifestyle, even if it's just to make me more aware of what and how much I'm eating or to remind me that, even if it's only 20 minutes of exercise, it's better than nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment