Tuesday 21 February 2012

Steph - Day 21 - :(

What a day. Where to start...well...I didn't get to sleep until after 4 this morning. I was up all night with Sophie as she was coughing like crazy. I decide that I'd better suck it up and get to work because of the looming job interview. By the time I get there, I'm feeling nauseous and on the verge of tears. No sooner do I sit at my desk, I get called into the boss' office. "Oh shit" I think...my gut tightens cause I know there must be something wrong with the new job. Sure enough, she thinks that I'm not actually elegible because I don't have 2 years experince, which you have to have or have the appropriate courses...which I don't have. I'm at 17 months. So, what do I do? I have a meltdown in her office. Nice.

Luckily, I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be. It's not over, she wasn't totally sure, but I have a feeling that is not going to happen. I was so exhausted that I just couldn't keep it together. So long story short...that was the end of my day. I came home, cried and cried and cried....watched Grey's and Private Practice, cried some more, cause OMG Private Practice is a real tear jerker lately, then had a nap. I ate like crap, didn't exercise, and despite a pounding headache, I feel much better.

Now tomorrow morning, I'll get up (hopefully I get to sleep) and be okay. That's one thing about me...I bounce back quickly. The opportunity will come up again, and I'll try again, but in the end...everything happens for a reason. And, if she doesn't follow the rules, I could get the job but then someone gets upset and files a grievance, and I get bumped out of it. So really, if it's not my time...I just have to accept that. Will know for sure tomorrow.

Now to bed...please let my kid sleep....PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Steph! I am so sorry to hear you had such a bad day! I like the positive spin you put on it though - maybe it isn't the right time. Instead take this time to focus on you, and do your job as usual. Steph time is always a good thing :)

    Chin up!

    *hugs*
    cher

    ReplyDelete