Friday 2 December 2011

Don't push through injuries....

Injuries suck!  My MVA has been plaguing me from the start.  So I had high hopes for today (as I confessed earlier) - Cardio & Weights.  My workout went as follows:

Equipment: Band & Ball
Location: Home

I started with some shadow boxing - jabs, combos etc for 20 minutes - started getting a good sweat on, but I felt a little twinge between my shoulder blades....so listening to my physio (and my) advice, i stopped.  Weights at this point, maybe not such a good plan.  Physio exercises for the day - good plan.  I went through my movements (which are still tough because I haven't been able to train since June) and finished with my stretches.  I think I am good for today.  I have an outdoor workout with my training partner tomorrow so I want to be able to complete it :)


Training with injuries is not ideal, but working within my limits allows me to still feel like I am training however making my body an even better specimen - It knows how to heal itself, and doing my recommended stretches/exercises is the only way to make it happen.

Quote for today:

"Clear your mind of can’t." -Samuel Johnson

Have an awesome weekend!

Cheers,

Cher
www.gingerandcrew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment