Saturday 3 December 2011

Awesome Outdoor Workout!

So my training partner and I both overindulged last night (me wine, her rye - separate parties) and felt a little like donkey poo today.  We were troopers and stuck with our plan to train and here's what we did:

Location: Mission Creek Park, Kelowna
Equipment: Mat, Med Ball, Band

We did a circuit that involved running hills, walking lunges, stairs, band work, abs, burpees, calf raises, LOADS of squats and core.  We did the circuit 7 times and only almost tossed our cookies about 4 times (the burpees did me in).  What lesson did we learn?  Limit your alcohol content this holiday season - not only will you feel better, but your workouts will go much smoother!  We also learned that if you do over indulge, there is nothing like a good workout to make you feel better :)



I was so super sore from my workout yesterday that I was smart and didn't work any of my super sore muscles.  Split routines are my favorite - upper / lower split was what I did these past 2 days.  If you are training 6 days per week, a split routine might be something for you to play around with - if you are only training 3 days per week, total body might be for you.

That's all for today - I will be sipping my tea and watching the Ultimate Fighter with no bad snacks tonight :)

Till next time, stay healthy!

Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment