Monday 12 March 2012

Workout without calves? It is possible! Day 8

To have a workout without calves is like having a workout without using your legs.... honestly.  We use our calves to walk, squat, lunge, get up and down, reach, jump and more.  So when you are like me and you tear your calves running stairs on Thursday (it is now Monday and I still can't touch them), you still need to workout - and hopefully without pain.



Here was my workout which only inflicted SOME pain :)

Warm up

Chest Press with Dumbells
Superset - Side plank with reach unders

Skull Crushers with hip lifts

Static Biceps Curls
Superset - Kickout crunches

Seated Ball/Band push backs (physio exercise)
Plank on the ball with elbow roll outs (physio exercise)

Supine Ball Opposite leg/arm drops


So yes, the getting up and down was painful and sore, but I powered through.  I did try a burpee, not happening today.  I will try for those later in the week when my calves decide to ease up a bit.  And yes I will be running the stairs again this week  -  there is no way I am going through this pain again from not doing them!

Have a great Monday!

xo Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment